How to print on the big printer
HP Designjet Z210044
This is how you do it from InDesign, but the settings are probably similar for other programs.
MAX PAPER WIDTH: 1067mm
SMALLER PAPER WIDTH: 914mm
PRINT>PAGE SETUP: manage custom sizes>make custom size>press the + and choose your custom paper size
PRINT>PRINTER SETUP: paper type/quality>photo matte paper (look at the roll to see what paper you are about to use)
source: roll (very important that you have the right settings for the paper you are about to use, otherwise it wont print)
SETTINGS ON THE ACTUAL PRINTER:
paper>load paper> load roll
MAKE SURE THAT AUTOMATIC CUTTER is doing what it needs to do. It is sometimes useful to add thin black lines on the border of your file to avoid accidental cutting of the paper.
CANVAS paper types cannot be cut with automatic cutter. You should do it manually after each print.
WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK...
- try unloading the paper and reload it again
- try restarting the printer, and cancel all the documents in the printer que
- look in the print>printer>paper type/quality>constrains and device service. Is there an error message there?
- check the paper size, is the paper size bigger than the actual paper?
- is there a connection from the computer that you're sitting on to the printer?
- is your document very long? Divide in in several parts. Sometimes it's hard to print a very long, big document...
- is your document vertical (the text is vertical instead of the "normal horisontal way"). Turn the actual document around in InDesign instead of making the settings in the printer settings.
- when the quality gets bad, change the settings in the print>paper type/quality>and change it to quality instead of speed... Or maybe the printer head needs cleaning...
The big printer could be a bit tricky, you just have to try and try again and suddenly it works... Good luck!