As an intern aquaponics you are involved in designing, building and taking care of the systems. You also help with organising the workshops and organise the educational program for schools. We are looking for students with a study related to agriculture, horticulture or fishery who like to enrich us with their knowledge and love to explore how to make an aquaponics system work with optimal results. But also students with a different background and green fingers are welcome to apply.
Mediamatic Foundation is building an aquaponics farm. Aquaponics is the cultivation of fish and plants together in a constructed, circulating ecosystem. Natural bacterial processes transform excrements of the fish into nutrients for the plants. This is a environmental friendly, natural method, making use of the best characteristics of both aquaculture and hydroculture, without the necessity to throw away water or filtrate, or having to ad artificial manner.
- Helping with productional/organizational implementation of the project and workshops
- Contacting schools and organise tours for children and students
- Thinking about research on what are the best materials and techniques to use for the project.
- Other work still to be determined in consultation
- The student writes and speaks fluent English (and possibly Dutch)
- Has good communication skills
- Works well independently, is useful, and has a hands-on mentality
HBO/WO level of thinking and not afraid to take responsibility
What do we offer?
- An inspiring work environment
- A lot of responsibility and an innovative working environment.
- An internship where you will gain unique experience working at a cultural institution 100 days (or at least 80 days) for 4 / 5 days a week)
A placement fee of € 250 gross per month, with a full-time internship
Send a short letter with resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “internship aquaponics”. Also let us know from when you can start the internship and how long you can stay (100 working days or at least 80 working days). Register preferably also at www.mediamatic.net and put a profile online. For questions, please contact , director Mediamatic Foundation.