List of Death Films
Research for Death exhibition
- The Loved One, (1965). A black comedy about a funeral business, directed by Tony Richardson
- Kostnice (1970). A short documentary made by Jan Svankmeyer on the Sedlec Ossuary in the Czech Republic, which has been constructed from over 50,000 human skeletons.
- Not Without My Handbag (1993). Animation by Aardman Studios, about a little girl and her auntie who returns from hell, because she has forgotten something...
- Speaking Parts (1990). Directed by Atom Egoyan, in this movie one of the main protagonists communicates with her dead brother through a video screen.
- Angeschwemmt (1994). This documentary, directed by Nikolaus Geyrhalters, focuses on a place called "Friedhof der Namenlosen" (The Cemetary of Unknown Dead), a place, where all those nameless suicides, washed ashore on the Danube-riverbanks have been buried.
- L'Amour à Mort (1984). Elisabeth and Simon have been deeply in love for two months when Simon momentarily dies, but comes back to life. Simon does not want any further medical tests, but the couple are forced to grapple with the possibility of his death.
- After Life (1998). After people die, they spend a week with counselors, also dead, who help them pick one memory, the only memory they can take to eternity...
- Hated / Funeral of GG Allin (1994). Dvd includes footage from the crazy funeral party of punk-rock-singer-songwriter GG Allin.
Not Without My Handbag
The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy, video by Line Norregaard, words by Tim Burton
The Funniest Movie Death Scenes collection