Mediamatic is an art lab that focuses on new developments in art, biology and science. Through art projects, lectures and workshops we bring together the fields of science and art. In our program we challenge the senses and perceptions of food, waste and unconventional materials. In this way we support developments in bio-art and actively contribute to a circular economy. Mediamatic also has a restaurant where themes from the program are translated into very nice (vegan) food.
• Producing and organising exhibitions and installations in Mediamatic Biotoop
• Help with the production of workshops and events
• Create collaborations with people from different fields like design, science and art.
• Keep track of the developments in the fields of interest
• Research the best materials and techniques for the project
• Giving tours to our visitors
• More tasks in consultation
• You write and speak fluent English
• You have a hands-on mentality
• You have good communication and organisational skills
• You can work independently and you are a problem solver
• You have affinity with bio-design and like to work in an interdisciplinary field
• You have a higher educational level
What we offer
• An inspiring environment in the centre of Amsterdam
• A broad and big international network in the arts, culture, bio-art & design.
• You’ll gain tons of experience working at a cultural organisation
• Here you can find all the important information about doing an internship at Mediamatic
Send us a short motivation and your cv in PDF + a link to your portfolio (if you have one) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention that you are applying for an exhibition internship. Please let us know when you can start.