What are we doing?
In our Costume Lab, we will call on artists, designers, make-up artists, makers, and passers-by to dress themselves and each-other as the diverse (and unexpected) species that make up our ecosystems.
We will be hosting workshops with fashion designers, interdisciplinary seminars, a film programme and an interspecies costume party to explore new ways of thinking, seeing, smelling and hearing the world around us.
We need your help with:
- Hosting - guiding visitors to our events and providing helpful information.
- Making - assisting costume-making in our Costume Lab and workshops. (N.B we specifically require support from people with prior experience of sewing/costume making)
The Dutch Design Week runs from 16 to 24 October 2021. We provide a daily programme in Natlab (Kastanjelaan 500, 5616 LZ Eindhoven) from 10:00 - 22:00 divided into three time slots of four hours. Please let us know when you are available so we can schedule you for up to 14 of these time slots, fewer is also possible!
What do we offer?
By volunteering with us you will receive:
- 25 euros per session (each session = 4 hours, we can assign you max 14 day parts)
- Discount on all of our fashion designer-led workshops
- A unique Inhumane Carnaval t-shirt
- Free lunch or dinner on your volunteering days
If you have questions about the role, please send them to Josie Dibnah
Respond before 11-10-2021