The workshop will take place in the historic village of Shatana, north of Jordan, 70 kilometers away form the capital Amman. It is characterized by its hills of oak and olive groves, its old stone houses and churches as well as the small population of 150 persons.
The workshop is process oriented, supports experimentation in all media and is targeted at emerging to mid career artists (minimum age 25 years) in all fields; encouraging interactive and site specific contemporary art work. This workshop is part of the Triangle Arts Network of workshops currently active in 20 countries. The Triangle Arts Trust, established in 1982 by Robert Loder and Anthony Caro, is organised as a network of artist-led workshops that encourages experimentation, and cross-media exchange.
The workshop will bring together 20-25 international artists practicing in a wide variety of media, to work among each other, and share ideas and methods for a period of two weeks in the serene village mountain setting of Shatana. At the end of the two weeks, the workshop will host an Open Day which will invite in the local public, artists and cultural operators to celebrate the developments and results of the workshop.
The workshop will provide the selected artist with full lodging and food, working space, local transportation and a small material stipend. Travel expenses to Jordan may also be awarded.
1. Personal Information: name, age, nationality, contact details (address, email and telephone number).
2. 200 words stating interest in applying
3. Bio/Curriculum Vitae
4. 10 digital images of work in JPEG formats (PC and Mac formats), resolution 1024 x 768. Any images above the stated requirement will not be accepted.
5. Inventory list of the 10 images sent on MS Word that includes: Title of image, date, dimensions, medium, & explanation (if documentation of installation, performance etc.)
6. All 5 requirements should be limited in one email to email@example.com
7. Time based work, such as performance, video, or sound can be sent by DVD by mail to the following address:
P.O. Box 317
Amman 11821, Jordan
Applications must be received by March 30th, 2009. Late applications can not be reviewed. Selected artist will be notified by mid April. Work or material sent by mail cannot be returned.
For more information please contact the Shatana workshop: tel: ++ 962-777-334600 or ++ 962-777-385552, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org For more information visit the Shatana website.