During the monthly Biotalk and Odorama you learn about the use of micro-organisms and smell in art. As a laic you can also join us for workshops beer brewing and building Aquaponics. Around these projects we are building exhibitions and installations with cooperating artists. We are looking for an intern who can help with the production of these projects, exhibitions and installations. For this position you need to be responsible, practical and you need affinity with our topics.
• Producing and organising exhibitions and installations in Mediamatic Biotoop
• Help with the production of workshops and events
• Create collaborations with people from different fields like design, science and art.
• Keep track of the developments in the fields of interest
• Research the best materials and techniques for the project
• Giving tours to our visitors
• More tasks in consultation
• Writing and speaking fluently in English
• You have a hands-on mentality
• Good communication and organisational skills
• You can work independently and you are a problem solver
• You have affinity with bio-design and like to work in an interdisciplinary field
• You have an higher of academic educational level
What we offer
• An inspiring environment in the centre of Amsterdam
• A broad and big international network in the arts, culture, bio-art & design.
• You’ll gain tons of experience working at a cultural organisation
• Our internships are always 100 working days for at least 4 days a week
• Compensation is € 250 gross per month based on a full-time (5 days a week) internship
Send us a short motivation and your resume in PDF + in case you have you a link to your portfolio to Willem Velthoven, mentioning you are applying for an exhibition internship. Please let us know when you can start. Please make a profile on our website as well.