We are looking for a hard-working and experienced chef with a culinary background. However, a certified culinary education is not a must but a plus. We are looking for a chef who is motivated and aligned with the views of Mediamatic as an institution but also someone who is passionate about plant-based cuisines — as your main focus would be to work within Mediamatic Eten’s Kitchen. We would love a chef that can speak both English and Dutch though it is not a requirement.
If you are interested in working with an innovative plant-based gastronomical environment that uses fresh seasonal ingredients, Mediamatic Eten is the restaurant for you! We aspire to have a kitchen team dedicated to gastronomy and who can manage the pressures of working in a kitchen, are flexible with a can-do attitude, and malleable with the ever-evolving menu and events.
Within Mediamatic Eten, our philosophy for our food is to embrace the ingredients for what they are, we believe in the celebration of the strength of each product and strive to stray away from creating dishes that are a fabrication of non-vegan dishes. Additionally, our team’s well-being is an integral part of our philosophy. We believe that we will be a successful restaurant when we have a team who supports one another and carries each other to achieve the goals we strive for. Thus, if you would like to work in an ever-evolving innovative gastronomy kitchen and a supportive team.
• Able to work independently and in a team
• Fluently in English and preferably Dutch
• Pro-active, flexible, hard-working and most of all eager to learn
• Strong in communication and an open attitude
• Interested in our restaurant as well as our cultural program
• You are available for a minimum of 3 days a week
• Experience in the kitchen is preferable
What do we offer?
• An inspiring working place for food design and production
• Working on a beautiful location in the heart of Amsterdam
• An open and friendly working environment
• A network in the arts, culture and bio-design
Sent a short motivation and your CV to 'email@example.com' with in the subject 'application kitchen assistent'. Please sent all files in PDF format. Questions or more information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as well or call 020-638 9901 and ask for the Office Manager.