Mediamatic is an art lab that focuses on new developments in art, biology and science. Through art projects, lectures and workshops we bring together the fields of science and art. In our program we challenge the senses and perceptions of food, waste and unconventional materials. In this way we support developments in bio-art and actively contribute to a circular economy. Mediamatic also has a restaurant where themes from the program are translated into very nice (vegan) food.
The subjects we touch on are not simple and often need explanation. For example, how do you explain what certain bacteria do or how perfume is made? In what way can certain technological developments be placed within an art(historical) and social context? And even more important: How do you make sure that these stories come to the attention of the right target group?
Writing, promoting, researching
We have room for a communications intern who can translate the various themes into fun understandable language and strong images, and who knows better than anyone how to bring this to the attention of a large (and diverse) audience. You are co-responsible for carrying out communication research, developing content strategies, planning, developing on-and offline campaigns, delivering content for our website and social media, writing press releases and maintaining contact with the press.
- Research how to promote our fragrance, fermentation & new material program in a unique way.
- Co-responsible for delivering content for our website, social media channels and mailings.
- Thinking along on-and offline campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze social media and website activity
- Co-managing the communication plannings
- Maintain and expand press database
- Maintain contact with the press
- Maintain and update the Mediamatic website
- You are creative and good at creating appealing content.
- You can write well and have a feeling for images.
- You are enterprising and proactive when it comes to coming up with ideas.
- You are interested in learning more about content analysis and optimization.
- You have a strong affinity with art and design.
- You are following a relevant WO/HBO education.
- Preferably you have a basic level in Dutch.
What we offer
- The opportunity to develop and take on tasks where you support the entire communication of the art center
- Work within an interdisciplinary team of makers, students, and artists.
- Training in communications, public relations, blog writing, website, photography.
- Opportunity to learn more about perfume making, gardening, mycelium design, vegan food and more.
- A strong international network within the arts, culture and bio-technology sector.
- Special work environment in the heart of Amsterdam
- Free access to Mediamatic events and workshops
- Internship fee: €250,- per month based on full-time internship of 100 working days
A background within communications is a plus, but certainly not a necessity. A love for bioart and design even more so. If you are from the arts and love to write and share, but do not yet have much experience within communications, be sure to send in your resume.
We prefer a dutch speaking person for this position. But do not hesitate to apply.
Send your CV, short motivation and writing sample in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org stating "Internship Communication". Please also mention when you want to do your internship. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.