The department of Santa Cruz is located in the Amazon area of Bolivia and has a wealth of extraordinary natural beauty, dominated by tropical forests and the plains. A high biodiversity index gives an incredible wealth of flora and fauna, stunning waterfalls and crystal clear rivers. It has a subtropical climate, spirited and contrasting.
Santa Cruz de la Sierra is its capital. It is a city that vibrates with its own energy and that is unique to charm the visitor upon arrival. It is characterized as a growing urban city, inhabited by very happy and people that pride themselves in being very hospitable.
It has various tourist destinations, in one way or another it is truly unforgettable. These are just some examples:
• The Jesuit Missions of Chiquitos (Heritage), among which are the locations of San Xavier, Concepción, San Ignacio de Velasco, San Rafael, San Miguel and Santa Ana, San José de Chiquitos, Roboré and Santiago.
• The Pantanal (World Ecological Reserve, shared with Brazil)
• Noel Kempff Mercado National Park (National Reserve Protected)
• Amboró Park (National Reserve Protected)
• Samaipata, Vallegrande and more small and attractive locations.