Step 1: Tape on the metal shelf
You have to distribute 4 pieces of the gray tape and 3 of the red/transparent tape in the surface of the metal shelf.
- Clean the surface of the shelf with the cleaner (don't be too economical, use a lot) and dry it carefully with a paper towel.
- Don't expose it too long to the outside, get the tape on there as soon as possible.
- Put pressure on it and try to even out possible air bubbles.
- Cut off the tape that is too much.
Step 2: Metal shelf on the mirror
The horizontal position of the piss soap is always in the middle of the mirror. However, the vertical position is different for each W.C. Due to the presence of the Margherita Soldati sticker on the mirror on one of the W.C. (1) (see picture), the piss soap must be installed aligned with the mirror bottom, at the same level as the regular soap.
In the other W.C. the piss soap must be installed with the shelf top aligned to the top of the regular soap (see picture).
- Clean the spot with a lot of VHB cleaner, dry it again carefully with a paper towel
- Apply the Primer with the help of the brush, very thin
- Let it dry for 5 min.
- With the help of a level, put the shelf to the spot. Try to apply it slowly from down to up to avoid having air bubbles.
- Put your whole body weight against the shelf for circa 1 minute so it really sticks.
- Fix the shelf with scotch tape to the mirror.
The tape needs 72h to fully stick to the window. Only after that weight (soap) can be put on them!
The less air, dust, fat is on the tape, shelf or window: the better it sticks. Clean thoroughly with the VHB cleaner and avoid touching the surface and avoid exposing it too long.
- Always wear gloves
This is to avoid humidity or grease from your fingers, which weakens the tape's strength.
- Wear a mouth mask
For the same reason as wearing gloves. Breath too close to the tape will have the same effect.
- Be aware of good ventilation of the place when using the Primer
To not breathe it in, wear a mouth mask. Stay away as far as possible and always close the lid after using the Primer.
- Avoid air bubbles in between the tape and the window or the tape and the shelf.
If you see them, try to get rid of them.