OPENING ON NOVEMBER THE 2ND.
Google drive with all informations gathered so far : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1plhgUyfGY7AqWfIrJ3LdA4iTUGIxfSSl?usp=sharing
> Contacts :
Mandy den Elzen <email@example.com>
The fisherman Piet Ruijter:
Ecologist Martin Melchers (Fish Species):
> Alessandra's work :
Exhibition proposal (May 2019):
Article about Mandy's work and the exhibition on Mediamatic website, you can edit here:
Wooden Boxes Mahogany 30x40x6, with glass lid and without foam in the background:
Paint "Yippee Blue" (7519) The Color Collection, by the brand Histor:
(On the website there is no option of color sample, but if you go to the store they can make a 250ml can for less than 5 euro).
Block magnet 20 x 10 x 5 mm:
Silver Vinyl :
Sandblasted transparent matt Vinyl: Dusted €5 exl btw per meter 61cm wide, on SignSeen.
Zandstraal effect folie - Dusted V961 - 61cm, 5meters, 5€/meter, Total of 25€ + 6,95 delivery - 6,71 discount = 38,66.
Creating a new box : step by step.
THE BOX :
- The holes for the wires : Take a mark 1.5cm from the side (outside of the box) and 3cm from the bottom. Drill a 4mm hole, straight towards the inside. Second hole : same distance from the side, but through the frame
- The trench for the LED. Use the circular saw and the wooden mould to create a 8mm large, 38° angle trench. You can use the smaller one to adjust.
- Paint the box : all the inside and the back in blue.
- Hammer the nail in the middle of the box and glue the gill on top of it, using the model cardboard. Use different sized nails accoridng to their sizes.
- Solder two bended LED to a middle thin black wire (postive to negative legs) and place them in black inked straws (about 1cm long) to direct the light correctly. Test the bundles with the power source to place them in their trenches so the gill is enlighted but there are no visible bundles on the background. Then glue the straw inside the trenches.
- Put the silver wire inside the two holes (in and out) and solder the side wires to the LEDs.
- Solder the resistor to the negative wire and secure with electric sheath using the heat gun.
- Connect those wires to the the clamped scotchlock connectors.
- Add silica in the boxes to prevent moulding : Glue four silica pillows on the bottom of the boxes, and hide them using a painted piece of cardboard (37.4 x 1.2cm). Use the poster printer paper to have the right size.
- The boxes are ready, just have to hang them !
THE LID :
- Print the name of the fish with the vinyl cutter : Silver vinyl, normal georgia font, 1.5cm high. Latin names with a capital letter at the begining.
- Use the cardboard to position it. Sticked 4.5cm higher than the frame, in the middle
- Saw trenches for the wires in the frame of the lid (so 1.5cm from the side)
THE HANGING :
- This wires goes through a hole drilled in the frame towards the inside the box, and makes a loop that goes outside of the box through another hole, 3cm from the bottom and 1.5cm from the side of the box.
- This wire is then used to hang the whole box. One on each side, attached to each LED, and going up to make a loop around the metal structure of the Aquaponics, using metal clamps.
- A box should hang with its top 1,62m higher than the floor, so this means the space between the bottom of the panel and the top of the box should be 81 long
- The edge of these wires are clamped into scotch lock connectors, which will connect the box to the wires hidden in the Aquaponics beam, linked to 4 power supplies pluged around the Aquaponics.
+ design and vinyl cut the outlines of the fish, in real life size (average according to research / ask Mandy the size of the actual fish processed)