Since its inception, Tumulus has been slowly changing shape. To honor the new beginnings surrounding our Biotoop, our Clean Lab team will present snacks made with seasonal, regional acorns and locally harvested stinging nettles. Two male witchers will present absinth with distilled herbs from Tumulus and Ruchama Noorda will offer the public a home brewed secret nettle potion.
Friday, the 13th of September, 17:00 - 20:00
Tumulus is an enclosed garden installation that functions as a natural ruin, compost heap, cement & soil sculpture, seed bed, earth work, lo-tech fountain, drinking/ dyeing source, and dunghill. Over the course of 16 months from June 2019 to September 2020, artist Ruchama Noorda will transform the patch of greenery next to our Sluisdeurenloods into a living sculpture and performance site.
The weed-woad restoration project will happen in 5 parts:
1. Vegetative State (June - mid July)
2. Growth Imperative (mid July - October, with a dedication ceremony on September
3. Dormant Lot (November - February)
4. Healing Property (March - August)
5. Blue Monday (Closing ceremony/celebration of autumnal equinox, September 21st, 2020)
With every celebration related to Tumulus, Ruchama Noorda will use one of the plants from the installation and present it to the public.