Olfactory History of Oosterdok is a project consisting of ongoing research and programmes that lead up to a large exhibition in collaboration with partner institutions in 2022. This project merging scents and storytelling aims to investigate the role of smells in the development of the Oosterdok area, and to re-visit the histories of Oosterdok through more embodied and sensorial artistic practices. We are currently looking for an intern to help with exhibitions and production, or research and content management.
- Assist the curator with conceptualising programmes and exhibitions
- Ensure smooth production of programmes and exhibitions
- Liaising with artists and other networks of interest
- Assist in carrying out research
- Develop your own research, should you wish
- Contribute to our blog
- Maintain the upkeep of our blog
- You can discuss with us which tasks interests you most!
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Higher-level academic credentials
- Proficiency in Dutch is appreciated but not required
- Able to coordinate your work as part of a team
- Available for a 100 working days (at a full time 40 hours a week commitment, this is about 5 months or 20 weeks)
- Execute your tasks independently
- Interest and skills in any of the following: research, writing, online content management, exhibition production, events planning.
What we offer
- An inspiring work environment in the centre of Amsterdam
- A wide national and international network in the arts, culture, and bio-sector
- Free entrance to our events and workshops
- A placement fee of € 250 gross with a full-time internship
How to Apply
Send us a brief cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention ‘Internship OHO’ in the e-mail subject. Only include PDF attachments in the email. And don't forget to mention when you would like to start the internship.