We use a Macbook to play the presentation from. We do not use powerpoint, but we use Keynote for that. You can find the keynote template on the server.
file01 > Kantoor 01 >0-Stichting > 0-Programma > 02-Event Series > 05-Odorama > year
- Create a folder with the date of the Odorama edition you're working on and name it
[ yy.mm.dd | (title) ]
- Copy the Template to the folder you made
- Open the Template from the folder
- Click the title, remove the T - and change it to [Odorama (number) - (title edition)]
- Change the Title and date on the first and second slide
- Insert a video as a background of the first slide. This can be a video that you found on the internet or a video you created. Make sure the file is on Loop under ...
- Fill in the name of the curator (Frank Bloem, Caro Verbeek or Sanne Groeneveld)
- Fill in the lecturers names on the slides. In case the order changes, it is easy to shuffle them around.
- Fill in the title of the next Odorama and the date. In case there is an image for this edition, use it as a background.
- As there are different programs and operating systems, lecturers tend to send a .pptx or a pdf. This can take some time to transform to keynote. It might even happen that the links that were intended, are lost. This is why it is necessary to always save the powerpoint presentations also separately on the server in the same file.
Presentation from Mac to screen or projector
- Go to the apple icon, left up on your screen
- Go to Service Preferences...
- Go to Displays
- Go to Arrangment
Note: This only shows up when you are connected to a screen or projector!
- If you want people to see what you see on the screen, you click Mirror Display
- To rearrange the displays, drag them to the desired position. To relocate the menu bar, drag it to a different display.
- Go to
- My text disappears the moment I drag my image or video on the slide. How do I get my text back?
Right-mouse-click on the image. Click send to back. Hopefully this solves the problem.