Mediamatic organises programs and research around the developments of bio art, design and science. What are the possibilities with micro-organisms? Together with designers, artists and scientists we bring new developments to the public with lectures and exhibitions.
Next to that we organise workshops and we do research about the possibilities of mycelium in our biolab.
• educate people about the lab
• education on safe laboratory techniques
• growing materials with micro-organisms
• keep track of the inventory of micro-organisms en lab material
• assisting with workshops and courses
• organisation of the laboratory
• background in biology and laboratory
• affinity with art and experiment
• you speak English and preferably Dutch
• you have good organisational skills and like to work both independently and in a team
What do we offer?
• an inspiring work environment in the centre of Amsterdam
• a broad national and international network in the arts, culture and biodesign
• Here you can find all the important information about doing an internship at Mediamatic
Send a letter with your resume to werk [at] mediamatic.nl stating ‘Internship Clean Lab’. Please also mention the preferred start date of your internship.