Lots of projects are going on in the "Park". When satisfying amount of them are realized, that is the time to bring them all together and add some more for a festival. A festival is good to remind Gezi, get connected, show connectedness, and of course create outstanding impact with a big compact event.
The content can include any event. In short, the point is that there should be something for everyone. Or in other words, there can be all the things we have seen in Gezi Park when police was not around, combined in a couple of days.
Because this combines many projects, the planning depends on how other Park projects evolve over the coming months. Hence, the needs & schedule is not final and concrete.
*Tentative dates: November 22-23, 2013 (Friday & Saturday).
*Here is a first shot of a tentative schedule:
Friday, 20:00 - 22:00; Opening concert (mostly by local musicians)
Saturday, 12:00 - 14:00; Collective lunch
Saturday, 14:00 - 18:00; 'Park' Exhibitions & Workshops
Saturday, 16:00 - 18:00; Panel on an up-to-date topic
Saturday, 18:00 - 19:00; Dinner break
Saturday, 19:00 - 20:30; Concert (mostly by local choirs)
Saturday, 21:00 - 22:30; Concert (by fairly famous musicians/band)
Saturday, 22:30 - ; Music by DJ.
We plan to add theatre, dance and/or storytelling shows, if we can arrange volunteers to do or fit in the budget. There will be music during the Exhibitions played by local volunteer musicians.
- Organizers are volunteers. 0EUR
- Staff is going to be arranged out of volunteers. 0EUR
- Exhibitions & Workshops are supposed to be arranged already for the Park. 0EUR
- Panelists will be mostly from volunteers. For their transportation: 1000EUR
- Arrangement of the concerts: 7000EUR: Costs for the sound system, stage, skilled staff, musicians and bands.
- Arrangement of a theatre/dance/storytelling show: 1000EUR
- General transportation, beverages and misc.: 500EUR
Mostly, the 'Park' will be used. But we require the ground floor hall as well for the simultaneous events. Non-noisy activities might be moved to outside of the building if the weather is ok.
- concerts & shows: September & October.
- panelists: October.
- voluntary staff: October & November.
- exhibitions & workshops: October & November.
- festival: November 22-23, 2013.
*People involved currently: Yagiz, Servet, Selim.