Artist Daan Roosegaarde, known for his interactive artworks such as ‘Dune’ and ‘Sustainable Dance Floor’, is expanding his artistic and innovative horizon to include fashion. In close collaboration with V2_ Lab he will be developing electronic fashion that becomes visually transparent according to the amount of personal intimacy involved.
The dress ‘Intimacy’ is made out of smart foil that becomes transparent when electrified. The distance to the dress determines the level of transparency; creating a sensual play of shared control.
Daan Roosegaarde says: ‘Technology is used here not merely functional but also as a tool to create intimacy as well as privacy on a direct, personal level ... which in our contemporary tech society is becoming increasingly important.’
In order to take this step from prototype to haute couture V2_Lab and Daan Roosegaarde are looking for:
- a recently graduated or senior year fashion designer (M/F) with an affinity for hairstyling;
- he or she must be able to participate in thought process along the lines set out by V2_Lab and Studio Roosegaarde in the preliminary stages and therefore must be a good team player;
- the project starts on 1 November 2009; it is a full-time position for a period of 4 to 6 weeks.
What we offer:
- access to functioning new technology, an existing prototype and an artist's impression of the intended final product;
- a workplace at V2_Lab, Rotterdam;
- a trainee allowance;
- exhibition of the end result;
- name credit.
Please send your resume/portfolio and motivation before 1 October, preferably by e-mail, to:
V2_Instituut voor de instabiele media
Attn. Piem Wirtz
3012 XL Rotterdam
Eligible designers will be invited for an interview mid-October 2009.