Be a part of the EcoMap Lab at PICNIC '09 to get involved in re-shaping how environmental data is gathered, interpreted and presented.
The Ecomap Lab: MAKE! sessions is by invitation only.
Featured Case Studies
- Geluidsnet: grassroots collecting of sound pollution data
- The Green Watch, Paris: using lifestyle objects with sensors
- Pachube: collecting & aggregating real-time sensor date
- Urban Ecomap, San Francisco
- In the Air, Madrid: visualization examples
- Applications for EcoMapping
- Privacy, Data Ownership & Revocability of Data
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Mobile Data Collection and Vizualisation
- Mass Participation and Engagement
- Institutional Support and Governance
This session is followed by Ecomap Lab: PITCH where lab participants share their developments with the audience as a part of PICNIC Bites in the Conference Hall (Transformatorhuis) from 17:00 to 17:30.
If you are interested in joining the lab, send an e-mail to frank [at] waag.org
PICNIC labs are part of the wildly buzzing PICNIC Festival. They bring together international thinkers and makers in an intense co-creation process, advancing the field by combining very diverse expertise & experiences in a playful setting. There will be Labs on sustainability, augmented cities, alternative money systems and more. Labs kick-off with a plenary panel (THINK), then go off into an invitation-only intense hands-on making session (MAKE) and present their results at the main conference hall (PITCH).