CREDIT Attention: When you use images, make sure they are made by Mediamatic staff or that we can use them with permission from the photographer and credit accordingly!
Otherwise, use creative commons or “free to use or share” as search filter in google
Login: (own login)
Password: (own password)
- Events (in collaboration with the programme team)
- Articles (written by communication manager)
- Blog posts (often written by interns and artists in residence)
- Persons and Organisations profiles (in collaboration with the programme team)
- Images/Media (in collaboration with the programme team and photographers)
Login: Mediamatic Mod --> Password page
- Creation of events (in collaboration with programme team)
- Posts op main page/home page
- Posts in events (in collaboration with programme team)
Max 3 posts a day (in general, not for each event).
You can schedule these in, so great for publishing posts in the weekend.
4 - 10 posts in event.
You can’t schedule these in, so you’ll need to prepare them on Google Drive and share them with the communication manager to check.
- 1 or 2 sentences for grabbing attention
- 1 or 2 sentences describing what will happen and when
- incorporate name of event in the text, and tag the event by using @
- tag the people associated with the event using @
- always include an image or video: horizontal shape works better than portrait
- when using a link (to an article for instance): first copy-paste the url - an imagelink will appear (sometimes an imagelink appears without at actual image: you can attach one from your computer). After this appearance, you can delete the url
Type of posts (to use on main page and/or in event)
- General description of event (first and one of the last posts of event promotion)
- The participants (separately) (introducing them, using pics of their face or work)
- Related articles. You can find great articles on feedly.com. (you need your own login)
Pages you can follow are for example: artforum.com; contemporary art daily; the art newspaper; e-flux; frieze blog; dezeen; interesting engineering; Modern Farmer; Biomedicine - MIT Technology Review; Biotech News; Biotechnology News; FierceBiotech; LifeSciencesWorld; Nature; Nature Biotechnology; Science Friday; Habitat Magazine; i-D; n+1; vice; Wired; motherboard; Next Nature Network; The Creators Project; AJ+.
You can also follow the news feed on specific topics (mushrooms, tempeh, mycelium, kefir; probiotic; algae)
- Old but good promotion material related to our general activities and/or current exhibited works. Can be found on https://www.flickr.com/photos/mediamatic/albums or on the server: Stichting > MMArchief > Media Bank
- Special announcements, like changed opening hours or special events in Mediamatic ETEN
- Eat/drink deal at Mediamatic ETEN with ticket to event (first has to be discussed with chef and bar manager)
- Getting ready/building up/preparation of event post
- Things to be seen and happening at the Biotoop
- Images for promotion events
Max 3 posts a day
- Do not use urls in your posts, they don’t work
- Use hashtags at the end of your posts: #mediamatic #mediamaticeten #biotoop #bioart #fermentation #art #aquaponics #sustainability #recycling #food #veganfood… etcetera
- Find pictures on flickr, on mediamatic.net or ask the photographer (intern) to make them for you
- Give the photographer the credits
- The photographer of an event is responsible for uploading the pictures on flickr (in 2017: Anisa Xhomaqi or Margharita Soldati). Photography interns should also use this.
- General pictures for promotion can be found in the album “Anisa’s Image Bank” or "Mediamatic Biotoop"
- Make sure to check out the albums of previous events for promotion material.
- The video makers are responsible for uploading videos on vimeo. Only upload them after the green light of Willem and/or Jans.
- The video makers are responsible for uploading videos on youtube. Only upload them after the green light of Willem and/or Jans.