•‘Carpet’; roll of green carpet as a symbol & multi-functioning practical use.
a symbolic gesture of laying the ‘ground’ of the park & appropriating the space
a pragmatic material which is good to sit on, easy to roll/unroll/cut to use in different situations [beginning with 150m2, as a test, to see how it functions, with the option to get more, if necessary]
•‘Staircase/steps’; foam structure, minimalist sculpture.
a modular design for stairs for people to sit on, take apart, otherwise use to; read, rest, meet, discuss, block off, etc.
•‘Exhibition space’ + 'Stage'; flexible structures using wood sheets + 'zachtboard' + pallets.
raw materials brought into the space which can be built up as needed, suggest different functions and uses, which can be re-distributed throughout the space whenever necessary, adapted to different situations, events, etc.
•‘Archive’; symbolic & personal objects, artifacts, artworks, etc.
an inclusive format which invites everybody to physically bring things into the space. an flat structure for installing meaningful or narrative objects, readymade or unique objects throughout the space. ie. a playground, tents, a brick, a barricade.
•‘Library’ + 'Info room'; structures for all types of media.
books, publications, newspapers, clippings, printed information, films, etc.
brought into the space by everybody. to inform, read, watch; to build a network of relations between all types of subjects & ideas and PARK. materials which are relevant to both GEZI & PARK.
•‘Office’ + ‘Mail room’;
structure for helping/supporting people
structure for sending and receiving materials to/from Turkey
ie. find a lawyer for a displaced person ('office'); 100 gasmasks sent to Istanbul ('mail room')
•‘Banner printer’; plotter printer + canvas & paper rolls
to move MEDIAMATIC’s plotter printer into the exhibition space, to make a production space. as a service rendered+monumental banners printed for use ie. in demonstrations in Netherlands or sent to Turkey & installed in the space.
•ALL other proposals & future proposals; to keep open the possibility of new ideas, new projects. that everything must be able to change...
- more people will get involved
- more material will be brought in
- more projects will be realized
• 1st week September;
MEDIAMATIC buy/ship, otherwise have available, the following raw materials into the (empty) space:
- 150m2 green carpet (~4eur p/m2)
- 100m2 wood pallets (~5eur p/m2)
- 20 multiflex (wood) plates, 18mm thick (~20eur/each)
- 10 'zachtboard' (pinboard) plates, 10mm thick (~20eur/each)
- canvas+paper rolls for plotter printer
- min. 1 extra projector in the space (to be installed eye-level)
- 1 empty fridge (for use of PARK workers)
- white paint (vakverf), rollers, brushes
- tools (drills, handtools, etc)
- building assistants
- transport (truck/van)
• 2 week build/production; all parts find their first, most symbolic form;
- stages/platforms built
- steps built/installed
- printer/canvas+paper rolls installed + first set of banners produced/installed on walls+floor+built structures
- library+info room initial structure set-up
- first round of found materials transported & installed throughout the space
- first set of personal and symbolic objects/artifacts sourced, shipped & installed throughout the space
- carpet rolled out
• Last week September; 1st public event ('opening')
- performances TBD; in relation to each part
- space full of people from our own networks + MEDIAMATIC network/invited guests
Starting (material) costs, all approx.;
EPS foam (for steps); 1000eur
Canvas+paper rolls+ink; 250eur
'Mail room' shipping (to/from Turkey); TBD
'Archive' transport (within Netherlands); TBD
'Library' + 'Info room' media; TBD
Invited guests from Istanbul; TBD
Everything else; TBD
NB: This proposal represents the beginning, and as such can not be planned beyond this first stage which we have outlined. It is the bringing in of material & possibilities into the space which merely suggests the breadth of what can actually be realized.
We have spoken with many, and have yet to still speak with many more. Everybody who we have already spoken to is supporting the project.
We suggest to meet once more on Monday or Tuesday (before the general meeting) if you have any specific questions or require any more clarification.