- Space for a one evening presentation/interpretative dance/art installation/musical venue/symposium/book launch/stand up comedy/fashion show/unconventional circumstance;
- In the Sluisdeurenloods, the big black barn with space for 100 seating places;
- At one of the most unique and easy accessible places of Amsterdam: The oasis called Dijkspark, located next to the waters of Oosterdok and close to Amsterdam Central Station;
- With technical support;
- For free!
What you need to do:
- Think of a fun/smart/exciting/surprising/inspirational idea for a one evening event. We’re not picky, but it has to relate to an artistic and/or cultural activity;
- Answer the following questions: What is the title of your project and what will it be about? On what date would you like to present it? How does your program look like? What will the spacial setup look like and what kind of technical equipment would you like to use? And how do you intend to communicate and promote the event?
What you need to know:
- No independent ticket sale possible;
- Technical support involves standard equipment (1 beamer, 1 Macintosh laptop, 2 microphones, speaker set, lighting) and a short explanation of how to operate it;
- The Sluisdeurenloods can be filled with all sorts of people, art works and design objects, but it is not possible to attach materials to the walls/ceiling, or to alter the barn’s basic lay out;
- Music performances are allowed as long as they are acoustic and modest, so no parties and/or big concerts due to noise nuisance;
- Promotion of the event is your own responsibility;
- Deviating business is optional in consultation with the Mediamatic team.
Do you have a proposal? Send it to mail[at]mediamatic.nl mentioning 'Wednesday program'.