Banana halva with cream
- 4 ripe overripe bananas
- 1 T vegetable oil, ghee, or butter (I used butter)
- 2 T sugar
- 2.5 T chopped nuts, unsalted (pistachios, walnuts, pecans, almonds)
- 1/3 c heavy cream or clotted cream
- Peel and mash bananas in a large bowl.
- Add oil, butter, or ghee to a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add bananas. Stir continuously for 5 minutes, then turn the heat to medium and stir for another 10 minutes, or until the bananas have turned to a deep toffee color. Add a little more oil, ghee, or butter, if necessary.
- Turn down the heat to low and stir in sugar for about 30 seconds, or until dissolved. Fold in the nuts. Remove from heat, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop nuts and whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks. By now, the banana halva should be easy enough to handle.
- Use your hands to break it in two and form whatever shape you like.
- Cover the halva and cream with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
Serve the halva with the whipping cream and more chopped nuts.