We are not just a restaurant, but part of the art centre Mediamatic that focuses on new developments in art, science and biology. The experiment and creativity of our art projects always reflect in our kitchen. We grow our own herbs and edible flowers, we experiment with preservation techniques like fermenting and drying, and create dinner experiences that tickle the senses from taste to touch. The food we serve is 100% plant-based, and composed with locally sourced produce and seasonal vegetables. The drinks at our restaurant include wild wines, botanical cocktails and locally crafted beer.
We are currently looking for:
Mediamatic ETEN - team member (flexible)
Mediamatic hosts many different events ranging from workshops, lunches, private-dinners, weddings, funerals, and much more. In addition to our day-to-day business at the restaurant, we are looking for new team members that can help our team during special events. Are you able to work flexible hours? Do you like working in a changing and creative environment? Contact us! Depending on your interest and experience, you can be scheduled working as a host, at the bar, in service or as a kitchen assistant.
Mediamatic ETEN - Kitchen staff
We are currently looking for a new team member that can support our kitchen team during the opening hours of our restaurant and help with the daily mise en place and preparations for special events. Our bar and terrace are open for drinks and at the moment we have the Serres Séparées. In addition, we host many different events, lunches and artistic dinners. Experience working in a restaurant kitchen is a pre, but not a requirement. Have you for example always wanted to learn more about vegan food? We very much welcome applications from people that are eager to learn!
What do we offer?
As our new mediamatic ETEN - team member you will be responsible for helping our service and kitchen team, and to further develop artistic dinner experiences for our guests. We offer:
- An opportunity to work with a creative hospitality and kitchen team.
- A unique experience in an unconventional and artistic restaurant.
- The possibility to learn more about sustainable ways of dining, vegan food and preservation techniques.
- Accessibility to our greenhouse and garden to learn more about herbs and a variety of edible flowers.
- A wide national and international network in art, culture and bio-design.
- Free attendance to our cultural programme.
- Working at a beautiful place in the centre of town, easy to reach via public transport or by bike.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Teamwork-oriented and eager to learn
- Interest in plant-based cuisine, wild wines, botanical cocktails and locally crafted beer.
- Experience (a pre, but not a requirement) working in hospitality or in a restaurant kitchen.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Application Restaurant Staff‘. Please send all files in PDF format. Questions can also be sent to email@example.com.