The aim of this conference was to bridge the gap between Eastern and Western cultures, and lead to a two-way cultural exchange. It also seeks to enhance the dialogue between calligraphy and typography.
The main topics of Kitabat
• History of Arabic calligraphy and printing
• Arabic type design and technology
• Arabic typography and graphic design in the Middle East
Workshops and panels will include:
the topics of Arabic calligraphy, typeface design, type technology, and type education.
Exhibitions will include:
1. Highlights of the Award winning typefaces from Linotype’s first Arabic Type Design Competition,
2. The Mamluk and Il-Khanid Masterpieces Collection of prints based on a medieval Qur’an manuscript,
3. A selection of Iranian posters from the private collection of Mr. Reza Abedini,
4. Arabic typographic posters work of students from various design academies in the region.
You can read detailed information about the first Kitabat Conference right here!