CoCA has presented the Annual since 1989, each time inviting an independent juror to select the work from among the entries received.
For this year' 20th anniversary of the show, CoCA is proud to have Jess Van Nostrand as juror. Jess Van Nostrand is Exhibitions Curator at Cornish College of the Arts and author of numerous essays and articles about the arts including the popular Artists Guide to Seattle published by the Seattle Convention and Visitors Bureau. She holds a BA in Art History from The George Washington University and an MA in Art History from Richmond University, London.
Artist reception will be on Thursday November 19 2009, at CoCA's Ballard Gallery. The gallery includes approximately 75 feet of wall
space and is well attended by a variety of audiences. Large scale mixed-media installations may be accommodated at CoCA's Belltown
gallery (approx. dimensions 33 x 3). For a pdf of the floor plans for either gallery, as well as photos of the spaces. please see CoCA's
A $500 first prize and a $250 second prize will be awarded by the juror. A catalog of the show will feature artists statements, biographies, and images from participating artists, as well as an introductory essay by the juror.
Submissions are by email with the following requirements:
- Submit up to a maximum of 5 different pieces and no more than 2 to 3 photos of each piece in jpeg format. Maximum dimension of 1200 pixels in either direction
- A description of the images. Send as an attachment in either .PDF or .Doc file format (artwork title, dimensions, medium and year of
- 250 word artist?s statement. ( Send as an attachment in either .PDF or .Doc file format)
- Biography of 150 words (Send as an attachment in either .PDF or .Doc file format)
- Contact info (address, phone, email)
- Artist web site link (if available)
- $15 (US) entry fee (PayPal or check made out to "Center on Contemporary Art" and mail to Center on Contemporary Art 6413 Seaview Ave. N.W. Seattle, WA 98107 USA). Make sure to note the artist name in the payment.
- Please note that PDF is the preferred file format for the description, statement and biography.
- Entry deadline is October 23, with notification no later than November 6. Selected work must be shipped to the gallery by November 16.
Email proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: cocaseattle.org