Arduino Basics Workshop
The workshop starts from scratch - What is an Arduino, how does it work, how do I program it, how can I integrate it into my own projects? The day starts with a general introduction, and moves on to the hardware aspects of the Arduino, followed by a crash course on programming.
• For the Arduino basics workshop of Friday August 12 please go to this webpage.
Arduino Intermediate Workshop
This workshop is for intermediate users who know the basics of Arduino and have some programming experience but want to take it a step further. Required knowledge for this workshop:
• Numeric formats: you need to at least know what binary and hexadecimals are
• Basic electronics: resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, connections. You need to know how to wire a transistor or pull up/down a pin.
• Programming: the basic structures of C (arduino) are required. Functions and variables will not be explained.
• Arduino itself: libraries, pins, some of the chip's architecture, I2C (Wire)
• Prototyping: setting up components on breadboard. This is VERY important. If you don't know how to do this, you'll slow down the group and we want to avoid that.
The day starts with an introduction on more advanced topics and projects, and moves on to the hardware aspects of the Arduino. It finishes with examples of intermediate programming and doing custom made assignments from trainer Ubi de Feo.
• For the Arduino intermediate workshop of Saturday August 20 you can buy your ticket here.
What to bring?
Bring your own laptop to do your coding and the Arduino kit that is for sale in our webshop (see below). Please download and install the Arduino software at home.
Information and registration
The workshops are from 10.00 - 17.00. We serve coffee, tea and cookies. Lunch is D.I.Y.
Buy your ticket by clicking the magenta button on top of one of the pages. You need a basic or intermediate workshop kit to participate. The intermediate kit is available with or without an Arduino. Please read the information on the webpages carefully and decide which workshop ticket you want to buy.
If you have questions please contact Deborah Meibergen or call her at +31 20 638 9901.