Mediamatic Foundation is building an aquaponics farm. Aquaponics is the cultivation of fish and plants together in a constructed, circulating ecosystem. Natural bacterial processes transform excrements of the fish into nutrients for the plants. This is a environmental friendly, natural method, making use of the best characteristics of both aquaculture and hydroculture, without the necessity to throw away water or filtrate, or having to ad artificial manner.
- Helping with productional/organizational implementation of the project and workshops
- Contacting schools and organise tours for children and students
- Thinking about research on what are the best materials and techniques to use for the project.
- Other work still to be determined in consultation
- The student writes and speaks fluent English (and possibly Dutch)
- Has good communication skills
- Works well independently, is useful, and has a hands-on mentality
HBO/WO level of thinking and not afraid to take responsibility
What do we offer?
- An inspiring work environment
- A lot of responsibility and an innovative working environment.
- An internship where you will gain unique experience working at a cultural institution 100 days for 4 / 5 days a week)
A fee of € 250 gross per month, with a full-time internship
Send a short letter with resume in PDF format to email@example.com stating “internship aquaponics”. Also let us know when you can start the internship. For questions, please contact Willem Velthoven, director Mediamatic Foundation.