Mediamatic Foundation is building an aquaponics farm. Aquaponics is the cultivation of fish and plants together in a constructed, circulating ecosystem. Natural bacterial processes transform excrements of the fish into nutrients for the plants. This is an environmental friendly, natural method, making use of the best characteristics of both aquaculture and hydroculture, without the necessity to throw away water or filtrate, or having to ad artificial manner.
- Helping with productional/organisational implementation of the project and workshops
- Organise tours for children and students
- Thinking about research on what are the best materials and techniques to use for the project.
- Other work to be determined in consultation
- The student writes and speaks fluent English (and possibly Dutch)
- Has good communication skills
- Works well independently, is useful, and has a hands-on mentality
HBO/WO level of thinking and not afraid to take responsibility
What do we offer?
- An inspiring work environment
- A lot of responsibility and an innovative working environment.
- An internship where you will gain unique experience working at a cultural institution (100 working days for 4 / 5 days a week)
- Here you can find all the important information about doing an internship at Mediamatic
Send a short letter with resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “internship aquaponics”. Also let us know when you can start the internship.