- All the scents in the library that has solid/hard particles needs to be shaken, warmed, boiled, or removed (research or consult with Frank)
- Ordering new materials if needed: there is a list of raw materials we maintain, and we adjust the inventory according to the previous one.
- Before placing a new order, check which one needs to be replaced.
- Make sure there are enough pipettes, and ethanol, you can do the dilutions only with that
- If there is a DPG dilution required, make sure that it is in stock, otherwise it needs to be ordered
- For finalizing your orders you go to Jans and make sure you are always logged in as either administratie or Frank's email.
Places where you can order:
- Only natural raw materials
- Most used for all the scent library in the AromaLab
- For the Ethanol 96% Bitrex
- For labels
- For plastic pipettes
- For scent strips
- For all other equipments, bottles, caps, atomizers...
Do not create a new account for these websites, either use Frank's email or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Aroma Lab
During restricted corona times in Open Aroma Lab, there are 2 people at one time.
For this you have to prepare:
- 2 printed sheets of blending paper
- 5 Glass or metal beaker per person
- Some water for the room
If you want to, at some point, you can host the Open Aroma Lab after an introduction from Frank on what to say. But Frank or Niklaus are usually taking care of the people during the workshop.
Keep it tidy and organized, so check once in a while if there’s no trash, unnecessary boxes, other things. *needs to have a lock*
If you are interested or you are needed to participate in one or both of the workshops (Distilling a Scent Bouquet with Frank Bloem & Composing Fragrance with Frank Bloem) you need to prepare everything for Frank:
(info in details will be found here for CF and here for DASB)
When the intern is present in Aroma Lab, he/she is able to do a workshop for kids. With the management team and Willem decide which day and time suit us the best and you will find all the concept of the workshop in this folder.
Every (approximately) month we have an event called Odorama for that we hold a physical event and send Sample Kits to the people at home, so they can watch the online live event and participate in smelling as well. As an Aroma Lab intern, you are in charge of those packages.
For more details on step by step guidance check the Odorama Aroma Lab Intern's task page.