Dutch fermentationmasters Christian Weij (author of ‘Verrot Lekker’) and Meneer Wateetons (author of ‘Over Rot’) will organise a special edition of their fermentation festival: ROTZOOI with Katz. You’ll spend this day with the fermentationmaster himself, Sandor Ellix Katz -author of the seminal The Art of Fermentation- who will travel to the Netherlands for this day.
Together with Sandor, the ‘rotjongens’ came up with a unique day in Amsterdam! A day in which you will get to learn -and share- even more about the art of fermentation. You’ll enjoy great (fermented) food, participate in exciting lectures and workshops, including one by Katz of course, and we’ll have a mini-fermentation market. Naturally, Sandor will happily sign your copy of the Art of Fermentation and you’ll get to chat with him over a 6-course diner by fermentationchef Emile van der Staak (De Nieuwe Winkel). In short: you want to be there!
There are 3 types of tickets. You can attend the whole day, or buy tickets for one part of the programme.
14.30 – 16.00 – Pecha Kucha Presentations
- Prof.dr. Eddy Smid on vitamines in tempeh
- Sasker Scheerder from Manenwolf’s on ‘picklesalts’
- Prof.dr. Remco Kort on Fermenting foods with a novel probiotic starter culture
- Holland Diamond Fish on the first Dutch fishsauce
- Dr. Bart Smit micro dinner: Exploring natural diversity strains and behaviour
- Fermenpeer on the Japanse picklepress
- Mattias Terpstra on wild beers
- Christian Weij on Miso of Dutch grains
- Meneer Wateetons on insane cross-over ways of fermenting your sausage
16.00 – 16.15 – Break
16.15 – 18.15 – Sandor Katz - Talk and Demo
18.15 – 19.00 – Book signing
[19.30 – 20.00 Pop up Dinner at Pension Homeland, Amsterdam]
ROTZOOI met Katz
Thursday 15 June, 14:30-19:00
Mediamatic Biotoop, Dijkspark 6, 1019 BS Amsterdam