Here are some interesting facts to think about when consuming this leafy green vegetable:
- There is evidence cabbages have been cultivated for over 4,000 years.
- The Celts brought cabbage to Europe from Asia around 600 BC.
- Legends of babies coming from cabbage patches have been told to children throughout the ages, resultig in the famous cabbage patch kids.
- Scrolls from 1000 BC found in China stated cabbage was used to cure baldness in men.
- The largest cabbage dish ever made was in the Macedonian city of Prilep, with 80,191 sarmas cabbage rolls weighing 544 kg
- In Hebrew, the term “rosh kruv” (cabbagehead) implies stupidity.
- One cup of cabbage only holds about 15 calories.
- Russians eat more than seven times as much cabbage as e.g. the average American.It is also considered to be their national food.
- It has reportedly strong anti-aging and anti-cancer properties. It has been scientifically proven to lower your risk of developing cancer.
- Healthier hair, skin, nails and keratin production are just some of the benefits of eating cabbage on a regular basis.
- Raw cabbage juice placing a warm compress filled with crushed cabbage can cure migrene.
These are just some of the fascinating features belonging to this amazing vegetable.