We are looking for an intern who can help with the production and programming of our Neo Futurist Dinner Series. For this position you need to be responsible, practical and you need affinity with innovative foods, banqueting events and preferably contemporary art.
Neo Futurist Dinners
Our Neo-Futurist Dinners are a programme line at Mediamatic, in which the world of food, art and science are brought together. During these gastronomical experiences, guests are engulfed in a multi-sensory dinner scene, being served food in all colours and shapes in the most unexpected ways. Inspired by the Futurists of the 1930's, we are not looking for re-enactments of the old multi-sensorial dinners, but interested in exploring the boundaries and intersections of food and society today. For more info see here.
• Organising the public program with the different artists and chefs.
• Help with the production of the dinner series
• Create collaborations with new food-designers, chefs and artists
• Do research and keep track of the developments in the field
• Spread the word and assist in the promotion of the dinners
• More tasks in consultation
• Writing and speaking fluently in English
• Good communication skills
• You can work independently and are a problem solver
• You have an higher of academic educational level
• Affinity with food & the arts
What do we offer?
- An inspiring work environment in the centre of Amsterdam.
- A wide national and international network in the arts, culture and bio-sector.
- Free entrance to all our events and workshops
- An internship at Mediamatic lasts 100 working days for at least 3 days a week.
- Staff lunch prepared by our kitchen team.
- Here you can find all the important information about doing an internship at Mediamatic
Send a short motivation letter and your resume in PDF to email@example.com, with the subject ‘internship neo futurist dinner'. Please don't forget to mention when you could start the internship. For questions you can call us on 020-6389901 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.